Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Comments from my Beta readers are trickling in slowly, but I am encouraged with what I am hearing back from them. Most people are enjoying what I have written. This process is curiously similar to raising a child. Note: I said "raising" and not "giving birth".  


So much time and effort has been spent creating the setting, The sleepy enclave of Bayside, it's characters and then weaving a tale of intrigue. This "baby" still needs some work, but it is out there now for the eyes of others to judge in a raw form. Granted it's exposure is on a very small scale, but isn't that what you're supposed to do with a new born? 


I have discovered it is difficult waiting to hear from my readers. Do other authors struggle with this too? 

1 comment:

  1. I believe that waiting for response to our writing is one of the toughest things in the world to wait for. It's what makes a writing group invaluable for an active writer because for once you get some immediate feedback. Hang in there Doug, and avoid getting stuck up in waiting trees. Have you begun plotting out book 2? Where are Jake and Hardy going next?

    ReplyDelete